Zoom 3D screen image wrong after rotation

WhoCanDo

Question

This has been happening in 2024 and can be quite difficult to work with.

I created a 3D set of panels on the right and then picked the first panel and then duplicated it and rotated it to get the left side view.

However, when you see the attached video, I am zooming in and out, and the top view flashes before returning to the side view.

This is what is happening at the moment, but I also get the opposite. Sometimes I will do the same duplicate and rotate but end up with the top view, and I will only see the side view when I am zooming in and out.

I've tried switching layers and back again, and choosing top plan view, but only closing the file and reopening it solves the problem.

Any ideas ?

image.png.386ef14cb3ee7b08c1c646d4a8dca859.png

8 answers to this question

Could this be a Far From Origin issue?

The cursor x,y locator at lower right of your screen is hard for me to read, but seems to be in range of -21000,10000. or?

If drawing units are feet, or meters, then that’s Far enough to cause problems.

If units are mm, then not the issue. 

just an idea

-B

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Benson Shaw said:

The cursor x,y locator at lower right of your screen is hard for me to read, but seems to be in range of -21000,10000. or?

If drawing units are feet, or meters, then that’s Far enough to cause problems.

Only if the Internal Origin is coincident with the User Origin. These coordinates indicate the distance to the User Origin which can be wherever you want it. The critical thing where Far From Origin issues are concerned is the location of the Internal Origin so that would be the thing to check. You can't see it in the video.

• Like 1

Zoom effect does not happen on my vwx2024 installation or MacOS system. 

I tested duplicate/drag/rotate CW/zoom in several views (front, top, iso) and several rotation via shortcut, Rotate tool, and Rotate 3d. Zoom via mouse wheel and shortcuts.

Acts as expected.  

Sorry, no clue about your experience.

-B