2024 Update 4 SO SLOW

After installing update 4, Vectorworks has become quite noticeably slower. To the point that it has disrupted my workflow to the point that I have to add 25% more time to each project.  The startup time is ridiculous (averages 2 minutes), navigation speed has decreased considerably, caching graphics runs slower, and overall this update has been a processor killer. 

I compare all of these notes above to Update 3, which was fine, but this update feels VERY similar to 2017's Service Pack 2. The number of crashes are up, the amount of productivity is down, and frustration with my workflow being faster than this update can process is at an all-time high.

There are so many cool new features with this update, but I can't be the only one who's experiencing this. I'm not running a super computer or anything, but the difference in this update is palpable.

Tyler

Edited by Tyler Forsberg
  • Like 3
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @dvdvarch if you are on Windows and you are seeing slow launch and performance (unusably slow to do anything) this may be a known issue related to the AI Visualizer and removing the GenerateImage plugin from the Plugins folder may help.  There is another update coming to address that problem ASAP.

18 hours ago, dvdvarch said:

Thank you Dave,

for now I have solved going back to Update 3, thanks to the Italian distributor that has helped me. Since the main reason for me to update was to try the AI visualizer I will wait for the fix. 

I attempted to go back to SP3 or 3.1 via the Vectorworks Updater application. After downloading the updates, closing the updater app, then opening the update packages, which opens the updater app again, the progress bar just sits at 0. No progress regressing to previous SP

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 8:51 AM, Dave Donley said:

Hello @dvdvarch if you are on Windows and you are seeing slow launch and performance (unusably slow to do anything) this may be a known issue related to the AI Visualizer and removing the GenerateImage plugin from the Plugins folder may help.  There is another update coming to address that problem ASAP.

I am experiencing tragically slow performance in general with 24 but particularly with sp4.

So much so I've been exploring my system configuration using UserBenchmark.

Although I have found some small tweaks my machine is still well within the specs of the "Highend" configuration and should be just fine.

I will delete the generate plugins.

Hopefully this helps as this slowness is really sucking out loud.