Is there a way to make a worksheet that informs me if there is a data tag connected to a plant object?

Can I build a housekeeping worksheet that will list plant objects and also let me know if they have a data tag connected to them?

I love using Data Tags as plant object tags, and they are so much better in my workflow than plant tags.

But I get so stressed when proofing a planting plan and trying to make sure I have EVERY plant object called out.

And there is almost always one plant object that the contactor finds that I don't have tagged.

Could be nice for landscape areas and hardscapes too.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, hollister design Studio said:

But I get so stressed when proofing a planting plan and trying to make sure I have EVERY plant object called out.

Just curious....

Why would you need to have every plant object called out with a data tag?  Doesn't that create some messy plans for you?

I use symbols and plant legends to insure the right plant is put in the correct place with accurate quantification data.

The only plants I call out data tag or note are existing to remain/protect, special specimens, or unique situations that need extra attention.

3 hours ago, Katarina Ollikainen said:

@hollister design Studio, instead of using a worksheet, select the data tag you’re using and set it in ‘tag all eligible objects’ mode. Hover over the planting plan and any plant without a data tag will be highlighted red.

You can do this after you done the tagging, just as a security check that you haven’t missed any object.

The only drawback is that you have to go into each planting plan - you can’t do the whole file in one go.

I've had a go at trying to do this with a planting plan I've been working on but keep getting an error message when I try to set it to 'tag all eligible objects'.  This sounds like it would be very useful if I could get it to work. Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Single Eligible Object Mode.png

Tag all Eligible objects mode.png

• Like 2

@Pat Stanford I'll give that a test run!

@Katarina Ollikainen love this... I just used it to find three plant groupings I hadn't labeled yet!

Only issue I have is I have to turn off some layers and classes in the viewport to get it to work cleanly.

• I use a separate tag for trees, so I need to turn that layer off (or they all light uptoo).
  • I use plant objects for existing plants that I want to save, but I don't call these out, so I need to turn their class off.

But after that it worked perfectly and then I just turned those back on again.

I wish I could double thumbs up the two of you!