See through models

MikaelSteff

Question

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, MikaelSteff said:

Quite new to Vectorworks. Trying to figure out why my 3D models suddenly turn see through and can't figure out how to turn it back.

Rack.PNG

Also check your 'Default 3D View Render Mode' setting in the '3D' tab, VW Preferences. If you set it to Shaded then this will be the render mode that's used when you switch from Top/Plan (wireframe) to a 3D view.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Also check your 'Default 3D View Render Mode' setting in the '3D' tab, VW Preferences.

@Tom W. This is good to mention, except we have had on to many again / off again issues with these Default 3D View Render Mode settings and have "given up" on understanding their behavior. Possibly, this is what is doing the "suddenly turn see through " for  @MikaelSteff

We have shifted to Keyboard Commands For Wireframe / Open GL  (Shaded)

Peter

1 hour ago, Elite Exhibits said:

we have had on to many again / off again issues with these Default 3D View Render Mode settings and have "given up" on understanding their behavior. Possibly, this is what is doing the "suddenly turn see through " for  @MikaelSteff

We have shifted to Keyboard Commands For Wireframe / Open GL  (Shaded)

I have similar intermittent behaviors.  I think it may be related to when I'm pushing my machine's memory or CPU, but I haven't confirmed this.  Rather than figuring it out, I came to the same conclusions and created a shortcut to get back to Shaded.

16 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Also check your 'Default 3D View Render Mode' setting in the '3D' tab, VW Preferences. If you set it to Shaded then this will be the render mode that's used when you switch from Top/Plan (wireframe) to a 3D view.

18 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

That is wireframe mode. 

Go to the View menu: Rendering and choose Shaded

Wish it was that simple, if you look closely on the image you see that the render style is "Shaded" already, but it doesn't seem to render as such, not even in any of the other render styles

Just this wall or others?

Are the wall components attributes set to 'Class' and you have that class switched off atm?

EDIT

Just looked again and you're modelling without walls specifically, but the above may still be the issue??

Edited by Gadzooks
1 hour ago, MikaelSteff said:

Wish it was that simple, if you look closely on the image you see that the render style is "Shaded" already, but it doesn't seem to render as such, not even in any of the other render styles

Is the object set to have a fill?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here is my project file, I added a wall and that seams to work fine. The cabinet does not have a class, so does the wall.

Did some testing, the "Fill" seams to effect the lines and not the cabinet, while the "Pen" does nothing, might just be a bug in the software, cause i can create a new project file, and it works fine with the cabinet.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:44 PM, Elite Exhibits said:

@MikaelSteff - @Tom W. Just suggesting ...

We gave up on getting this Default 3D... to work as expected - As mentioned above  - On again / off again  aggravating frustration.

Not saying it is the solution to the problem, just a warning that you may be doing things right and VW is not

Peter

Post a file to let others take a look ...

Tested this previously, stil doesn't work for the cabinet.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:21 PM, Gadzooks said:

Just this wall or others?

Are the wall components attributes set to 'Class' and you have that class switched off atm?

EDIT

Just looked again and you're modelling without walls specifically, but the above may still be the issue??

Walls and other 3D objects seems to be fine.

Rendering fault.vwx