Installed Cityblueprint Font But Still Shows Up as Arial

Lance C

Question

Hello, 

I am on a Mac using Vectorworks 2024. I have installed a City Blueprint font on my computer. The font does show up as an option in Vectorworks however both in the fonts palette and on my document the font just shows up as Arial. I have also tested this font in Word and it worked just fine so I have no idea what the issue is. I also already tried to restart my computer hoping that would fix it but it didn't. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ScreenShot2024-02-08at12_07_35PM.png.8b8d6ea6785a1dd7222ece520f237ed9.pngScreenShot2024-02-08at12_12_50PM.png.bc5907c7d4044c35d0263e1ba1943f0d.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 12.10.08 PM.png

9 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Vectorworks Preferences:Display Pane. Click the Edit Font Mappings button at the bottom left.

You can either remove all the mappings or just the one for CityBlueprint.

This still didn't work

I'm also having a font problem

Skia is showing correctly in VW but exporting to PDF I lose the emboldened Skia and also Skia bold.

Here it is showing both in VW and Preview &/or Acrobat ( on the mac) I haven't tested yet on PC

FontsinVW.png.5618d38ca5cc8c26fab9b6b52cb0b211.png

FontsinPDF.png.0f208a76d615219352bd62223ba2b4e2.png

On 2/8/2024 at 7:00 PM, Lance C said:

This still didn't work

I'm curious if you find a solution.

Are you also running Adobe Creative Cloud Content Manager?

ps @Lance C you may not know that the thumb is more an expression to the person helping you than to their suggestion. I would be giving @Pat Stanford a thumb up 👍 for his response and replying that his solution didn't fix the issue.

Edited by bcd

@bcd Found same results by placing the text objects on a sheet layer, then Export or Print or Publish the sheet layer page to desktop.

I placed screenshots of the pdf text areas onto the vwx sheet layer. Same result with drop & crop the pdf text areas onto sheet layer.

MacOS print to pdf shows the bolds.

Export or Publish (with or without subsets) from vwx misses the bold.

Screenshot of Skia in FontBook shows extensive suitcase of bolds, condensed, etc, so bolds should not be OS inventions.

-B

image.png.2c331322a638ec332e7ba5e6da99a87c.png

SkiaFontbook.png.dbfd5670f8cdbf39f1709f1e4d81dd14.png

Edited by Benson Shaw
Runnin on empty
  • Like 1