Resource Manager - Delete files

Daniel OKane

Question

5 answers to this question

The Resource Manager just shows resources in standard VW files stored in different locations.

Locate the file and delete the file if you want everything gone (backup first), or pick specific resources to delete.

You can use the Reveal in Finder {Reveal in Explorer?} buttons from the User Folder pane of VW Preferences to locate files in those folders.

Favorites are wherever you saved them.

Vectorworks Libraries are in the Application Folder.

Premium Libraries are in the cloud.

If you don't want to see items from a specific category (say Premium Libraries) you can just toggle the button at the Top Left of the RM.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

With questions like this you really should be utilising the excellent Help system. At the top right of each palette and dialogue there's a '?' which when clicked will take you to the relevant page. If you do so at the top right of the Resource Manager(RM) it will take you to this page

Open that and you'll also see that there are two excellent short videos that explain the use of resources and the RM itself.

Cheers,

Peter

8 hours ago, Daniel OKane said:

Could someone tell me how to delete a Resource Manager file? I can't see any option to do this. 

Thanks!

If you right-click on the file in the file browser pane there is the option to 'Remove from Favorites'. Likewise, with the file selected you can go to the gearwheel button ('Action' menu) + select the same command there. I think if the file lives in your Favorites user folder then this deletes the file in that location, but if the file lives somewhere else it just deletes the link to it + not the file itself...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Peter Neufeld. said:

With questions like this you really should be utilising the excellent Help system.

@Daniel OKane Since about the start of the year 2021 - I tend to use GOOGLE to search the VW HELP system - Yes there is a plethora of information in VectorWorks HELP - Yes one is able to search internal to Vectorworks - finding the applicable information is often the caveat... (see attached)

Somewhere on this FORUM a suggestion was posted for searching

In a search engine :

what you want to find site:app-help.vectorworks.net/202X/

(Change the end four digit year to match desired version of VW)

Example:        Paste in Place site:app-help.vectorworks.net/2021/

should search for      "Paste in Place" in the 2021 HELP files

and may I add that the  - what you want to find  - verbiage is another stumbling block

(Quotes should get the exact phrase)

Peter