Questions about VectorMEP (Partner Product for Vw2024)

rDesign

Question

In Vw2024 I saw that there was a new Partner Product called 'VectorMEP -- hoping that finally we would get a usable MEP package included as part of Vw.

So I installed the partner product, and the link in the dialog box that pops up for additional information goes to an invalid website. https://www.vectormep.com/Wiki/

Upon restart, I followed the instructions to create a custom VectorMEP workspace, only to learn that this partner product is only for a 30-day demo. I finally found on the website pricing that a license is listed at €550.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

On 1/25/2024 at 2:05 AM, rDesign said:

In Vw2024 I saw that there was a new Partner Product called 'VectorMEP -- hoping that finally we would get a usable MEP package included as part of Vw.

So I installed the partner product, and the link in the dialog box that pops up for additional information goes to an invalid website. https://www.vectormep.com/Wiki/

Upon restart, I followed the instructions to create a custom VectorMEP workspace, only to learn that this partner product is only for a 30-day demo. I finally found on the website pricing that a license is listed at €550.

Did you try out the product after installing it? What was it like? Unless I missed it the Hippocode website tells you very little about the software. There are some tutorial videos here from 2017 but I haven't watched them (I just want a simple overview of what you can do with the software + what the end results look like):

Perhaps someone who uses it already can chime in?

This is the installation info link that didn't work:

https://www.vectormep.com/Wiki/index.php?title=Manuals:Installation_manual

• Like 1
8 hours ago, rDesign said:

What's especially nice about that one is that it is free

AFAIR this may be changed in the future when it is complete.

I did not really understood if it is really developed by @DomC

and may get VW German exclusive at one point or done by any

third party that plans to sell it later.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Did you try out the product after installing it? What was it like? Unless I missed it the Hippocode website tells you very little about the software.

No I did not try it out. I couldn’t find any current info about it, (thanks for finding wiki link). I don’t have a current need for it and I didn’t want to use up my 30-day trial for something that I may have no use for. 

I would also like to see some videos of what the current version can do before I spend any time trying something out. That main page wiki link you found works, but a bunch of the other pages are broken or don’t have any text.

• Like 1