Countertop Tool 2024

I'm on 2024 and I have a spotlight license.   I have been using the cabinet tool but when I go to add a countertop I can't seem to find the Countertop tool.   Is this tool available with a spotlight license?  If not then why make the cabinet tool or any of the other architecture tools available to spotlight users?

According to THIS PDF in the Vw2024 Help File, no the Counter Top tool is not available in Spotlight.

I would imagine that the Cabinet tool is available in Spotlight because you can have many cabinets without counter tops. Like some other tools that I wish were available in Architect which are only available in Landmark, I guess they have to draw the line somewhere. 

Honestly, in my opinion you’re not missing much with the Counter Top tool — it is desperately in need of a long-overdue update. Even though I have it available to me in Architect, I typically just create my countertops with a Floor object as it is easier to create a sink cutout. 

52878635-8CCE-4466-AF87-79A1E53E022F.jpeg

Edited by rDesign
3 hours ago, rDesign said:

you’re not missing much with the Counter Top tool — it is desperately in need of a long-overdue update. Even though I have it available to me in Architect, I typically just create my countertops with a Floor object as it is easier to create a sink cutout. 

Agree.  Or model it as a 3D object.

• Like 1

@JuanP It seems that the Vw2024 SP3 Help File does not have a page for the Counter Top tool.

[Edit: Apparently it's been like this for awhile. I went back through every Help File version back to Vw2018 and they are all the same: no results / page for 'Counter Top']

1) If you search for 'counter' in the Command/Tools search bar, you get zero results.

count-top1.jpg.512fc110bf10c684ed22ec419bb626e0.jpg

2) Browsing under Contents -- Designing Buildings > Furniture and Fixtures, there is no sub-section for the Counter Top tool. Seems like this is where it should be, since it is in the Furniture & Fixtures toolbar.

count-top2.jpg.6b8a683ebae6ae6d8516282598e3d705.jpg

The only place that the Help File makes a reference to the 'Counter Top' tool is in the Commands Tools PDF I linked above.

I know that a new Countertop tool is on the Public Road Map, but it seems odd / incorrect that it's completely removed from the Help File.

Edited by rDesign

I agree. I never use the Counter Top tool either so I wouldn't worry too much about it not being available in Spotlight. I always use Slabs for my worktops + this is available in Spotlight. You can insert a sink symbol in a Slab + it will cut the hole for it. Plus set the height + attributes in the style.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...