Roof hatch alignment

Mat Caird

Hi All

How to display a roof hatch in top/plan view, with the hatch correctly aligned with the roof plan? Using the roof tool, not the roof face tool.

I have the class options set to use at creation, with the fill set as the hatch, and the render texture surface hatch set to the same.

If I render the top view in hidden line, the hatch displays correctly as expected, so it's only top/plan view giving me grief.

Thanks, 

Screenshot2023-09-19at10_49_13AM.thumb.jpg.19162ad6894847cc9c6da235c2989125.jpg

Edited by Mat Caird
clarification
6 hours ago, Mat Caird said:

How to display a roof hatch in top/plan view, with the hatch correctly aligned with the roof plan? Using the roof tool, not the roof face tool.

As Jeff says the only way is to Ungroup the Roof into separate Roof Faces + use the Attribute Mapping Tool or Local Mapping in the Attributes Palette. I'm pretty sure you need to make the Roof Face Unstyled as well in order to edit the mapping. Or at least that's always been my experience.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Also, there ideally should be an option to assign (in the roof object or style) different hatches based on roof rotation — e.g. 0-180: hatch I; 180-360: hatch II, or 0-100 HI, 100-200 HII, 200-360 HIII... any number of assignments over any range, plus a fallback. So as to give the user maximum flexibility.

Edited by MrPilot
  • Like 2