Renderworks Styles interior final is not rendering two texture maps

MGuilfoile

Question

That's right. I have cut a section view of a project to have an elevation. When I render it in shaded it is fine. When I render it is any of the Renderworks versions two maps do not show up. There is no difference in the geometry nor in the method of application of the maps (which is obvious since they look fine in shaded view). This is in VW2023 SP5. It was rendering fine for months and now does not work, out of the blue. I deleted the original section line and viewport and created new ones.The problem persists. The panel on the left has lost its overall texture as well as the face texture. The disappearing map on the right still has its overall texture, but not the one placed on the face. Any ideas are helpful. I am not at all happy with this development. 

MHBrown

Elevation, rendered with RW Style Interior Final or Final RW.JPG

Elevation, rendered with Shaded.JPG

8 answers to this question

I haven't switched to 2023 yet, but I have noticed this or a similar inconsistency in how mapping renders between the Shaded and Renderworks modes in 2022.

Have a look at which Map Type the offending objects use, try using Auto-Align Plane if it is not, or just resetting it off and then back to Auto-Align Plane.  That works with the 2022 Renderworks modes, but of course, it is not suitable for all geometry.

MapType.png.617fb230c36be99058b905e694675b9a.png 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. I actually tried that and nothing changed. If I had to guess, I'd say it is the same problem that plagues other workflow methods: that a dimensionless plane is inconsistent in "holding" texture maps. This is why you can't extract a face from a 3D object and put a decal on it and expect it to show up. You have to pull it away just a little. Well, what good is that? I've now noticed the Texture Tool--still in its infancy--becoming more unstable in this way. Maps, like the ones shown here using that tool to apply a texture to one face, are starting to fail in weird ways. It was a nice tool while it lasted, but now it is a mess in that it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. I will have to return to my tried-and-true method of placing an 1/8" panel on top of the existing panel--sort of like laminating a sheet of plywood--and put the texture on there. I'll abandon the Texture Apply tool until I hear it has been fixed.

Thanks,

MHBrown

Hi, Dave. Thank you for your interest, but, no, I don't think I can send you the file. All I can tell you is that it started out life as a VW2022 file, but I'm sure that's not a problem since many projects are far longer than a year. It is a section viewport and the maps that are not showing up were placed using the Texture Tool's single face mode, Plane projection (although I tried others). I also deleted the viewport and cut a new view, which did the same thing. Thank you.

MHBrown

I think it might be a problem with the RW rendering engine. Redshift is even worse and none of the RW rendering modes renders the textures on the human figures. They are not just white; they are full-color, imported OBJ files that work fine in all of my other files. Shaded rendering is fine, so I don't know that the camera is a problem. If I were you, I'd look at the section viewport combined with the Texture Tool single-face application. 

MHBrown