Edit Wall tool (Curved wall)

Hello,

I am having issues with the new edit wall tool and cant seem to figure it out. I am attempting to create a sloped, curved retaining wall but am having no success. When adding and adjusting the peaks I can see the red highlighted line in the wall but the wall its self doesn't change shape. I'm sure I am missing something extremely easy and obvious but I cant figure it out. I have tried adding and removing and moving points all around without the wall changing shape. Any suggestions?Screenshot2023-08-03110538.png.44af9316daf3b3dbb428b6a20fe41e57.png

3 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

I responded to your other post on the same topic with a video.  @Matt Panzer is right, more info is needed to understand why your situation is behaving differently.

Hey Jeff,

That is exactly what I am trying to do except when I click and move the vertex, nothing happens to the wall.

I have double checked components and both are set to be relative to wall and to follow wall peaks. I am early into the model so it's a 12' unstyled wall for now.

18 minutes ago, JerRenders said:

Hey Jeff,

That is exactly what I am trying to do except when I click and move the vertex, nothing happens to the wall.

I have double checked components and both are set to be relative to wall and to follow wall peaks. I am early into the model so it's a 12' unstyled wall for now.

I have even tried modeling in a blank document where I am able to make the wall adjustments without issue but the wall defaults back to the original shape when I paste it into the working file. The top of the wall stays flat no matter what I do. 

6 minutes ago, JerRenders said:

I have even tried modeling in a blank document where I am able to make the wall adjustments without issue but the wall defaults back to the original shape when I paste it into the working file. The top of the wall stays flat no matter what I do. 

Here's how people on the forum can help you troubleshoot it further....

1. Copy and paste the problematic wall into a new file.

2. See if the behavior continues.

3,  If so, save the copy and post it here so we can have a look.

This will keep the file small and prevent you from having to share your entire model.

4 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

Here's how people on the forum can help you troubleshoot it further....

1. Copy and paste the problematic wall into a new file.

2. See if the behavior continues.

3,  If so, save the copy and post it here so we can have a look.

This will keep the file small and prevent you from having to share your entire model.

The wall behaves as it should when I paste into a blank document. There must be something in the file that I am missing. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/3/2023 at 6:32 PM, JerRenders said:

The wall behaves as it should when I paste into a blank document. There must be something in the file that I am missing. 

Did you ever find out what might've been the issue? I'm having the same problem. Can't get it to work in my file, but works fine in a blank file. 

• 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@JerRenders, @DFlores,

The only way to see what's going on is with a file.  If copying the problem wall to a new document corrects the problem, then that won't help (of course) but there is another thing you can do:

1. Make a copy of the file
  2. Delete all sheet layers
  3. Make all layers and classes visible
  4. Select All
  5. Deselect the problem wall
  6. Delete
  7. Use the Purge command delete all unused resources, etc.

If the problem with the wall persists, attach it here.  If it does not, you can send the file to me via private message and I'll have a look.

On 19/01/2024 at 01:45, Matt Panzer said:

@JerRenders,@DFlores,

A única maneira de ver o que está acontecendo é com um arquivo. Se copiar a parede do problema para um novo documento corrigir o problema, isso não ajudará (é claro), mas há outra coisa que você pode fazer:

1. Faça uma cópia do arquivo
  2. Excluir todas as camadas da folha
  3. Tornar todas as camadas e classes visíveis
  4. Selecionar tudo
  5. Desmarque a parede do problema
  6. Excluir
  7. Use o comando Purge para excluir todos os recursos não utilizados, etc.

Se o problema com a parede persistir, fixe-o aqui. Caso contrário, você pode me enviar o arquivo por mensagem privada e eu darei uma olhada.

Hello,

I copied it to a new file and the problem remains in the new file. I can change the stitch but the volume doesn't follow the line.

When I start a new drawing and draw a curved wall it works however when I copy it and place it in my drawing it loses its shape

Note: Works on straight walls!

This ended up being a problem with the origin. When it wasn't working for me, I was working in a geolocated file and didn't manage my user origin correctly so I was getting wonky results. Once I fixed that, I had no problem. This would also explain why it works in a brand-new drawing where you are working very close to the internal origin. This is at least how I remember it so there might be a little minutia that I'm missing.  

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 1/27/2024 at 1:32 AM, DFlores said:

Hello,

I copied it to a new file and the problem remains in the new file. I can change the stitch but the volume doesn't follow the line.

When I start a new drawing and draw a curved wall it works however when I copy it and place it in my drawing it loses its shape

Note: Works on straight walls!

Can you attach the new file you created containing the problem wall?