Revit Export/Import

LeeElston

Question

I have exported a file as REvit, but the other parties wanting to open it advise that it comes up with an error message saying it is in a different version of Revit... As far as I can see, I can't control what version it exports into, unlike .dwg exports. Are there settings somewhere I can select the export version...?

I have also tried to re-import the exported Revit file into a new document and get the same 'This version of Revit is not supported' despite the fact I have just created it!!

Is this a bug in VW, as there seem to be lots of previous coments on the forum...

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

What version of Vectorworks are you using?

What version of Revit is your outside party using?

When I export out of vwx 2023, it seems to export Revit 2023 format and opens back up in Vectorworks.

Similarly, if you export from vwx 2021, you can reimport it into VWX 2023 without issue.  I believe a given year of Vectorworks exports to the same year of Revit.  You do not have the choice of which version of Revit you can export to other than to use the VWX version of the same vintage.

Since you are on windows, you can determine what version of Revit you are actually exporting to via notepad.

https://revitiq.com/check-revit-file-version/

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Normally VW is exporting to the PREVIOUS version of Revit as that is the one the export libraries could use when the code was being developed.  So my GUESS is that VW2023 is exporting Revit 2022.

@JuanP posted this in another thread - so it seems Vw2023 is exporting Revit 2023 version files.

• Like 2