Locus of a space object is far away from the the center of the space - Space Tool Problem

I've had this issue this on several jobs now. 

I am working on a plan that is somewhat far away the drawing origin 5000' [1,500m].  I made a bunch of spaces, and after working in the file a bit, the locus of the space shifted very far away from the center of the space.  Is there any way to move this point so that it falls within the space boundary?  How did this point get so far away from the center of the space?  Moving the space closer to the page center does not seem to fix.

Using data tags becomes problematic when the space gets like this, especially in Sheet Layers

See the attached file to see what I am referring to.  It's sort of hard to explain. 

Space.vwx

Edited by cberg
  • cberg changed the title to Locus of a space object is far away from the the center of the space - Space Tool Problem

There must be some sort of bug in the space tool.  I will submit

In some of these spaces, loci are present.  In others, they are invisible. If I activate the space settings of a space with a locus, it will appear. If I create a similar space without a locus present, it will not appear.  If I convert a rectangle or polygon into a space in the AEC "Create Object From Shapes" menu, the loci disappear.  I looked through the space tag settings to see whether you can turn the locus on or off, and there do not appear to be any controls for this.  Perhaps this internal locus is a hidden feature of the space, that somehow becomes visible.  I modify the space boundaries a lot using clip/add surface/split tools, etc. 

When space locus is far away from the center of the space, data tags create a big pre-selection rectangle, which can misidentify the space.  The only way to fix this problem is to re-draw the spaces. 

55365229_ScreenShot2023-03-14at9_26_11AM.thumb.png.307e0f34fb95d70db4cc80620fa6494a.png

Space 2.vwx

Edited by cberg
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

The 2D locus is used by the Space link tool as the insertion point to link spaces together

If your locus is far away from the space object, no need to recreate the space.

Edit the perimeter of the space and bring the polygon to the locus.

On exit the edit mode, you will find the locus inside the space. Then you only have to replace the space to its position

Edited by AChekir
  • Like 1

I found that the fact that this 2D locus appears is linked to the setting “Graphics Attributes” > “2D Boundary”.

When the settings of this 2D boundary is set “by class” the 2D locus appears.

If all thoses settings are set manually, the 2D locus disappears.

This bug does not appear in 2024, hope that 2023 will be corrected in SP8 !

Capturedcran2023-12-1011_53_06.thumb.png.8513491e9dd9f86a27cad9099225f230.png

Edited by GatRed
  • Like 1