Can't Texture Window Casing

MGuilfoile

Question

I think this problem was identified back in 2019. I have a window that is a part of a display, NOT a building window. I want to make the casework a certain color. I should be able to do this in the same way I add a texture to anything. I do NOT want to use classes because I don't want a zoo of classes to turn on and off constantly. If this is still not working the way it should, can someone confirm this so I can stop trying to make it work? I'll just delete the window and build something that will cooperate with the standard way to place textures.

Thanks

MHBrown

3 answers to this question

From what I can tell — without having the 2019 link that describes your issue —  it sounds like the Window object is working properly as designed, just perhaps not the way you’d prefer it to work. 

1) If you create just one new class for the Trim (casing), leaving everything else in the <Window Class>, you can texture the 3D casing trim however you like. No zoo required.

2) If you really do not want to create an extra class, then I think your only option is to convert the window to a group and then convert it to a symbol, then you can texture it however you like.

• Like 1

An Image might help, and include your OS and version of VW too.

Upload a screen grab of you project if you can.

I understand you are not using a building window ( I assume you mean a window PIO) so, how is your window built? 

Is your casework geometry separate from the other window display geoemetry?

Per face texturing is relatively new (VW 2022??)  so that might be what you are looking for. 

Bart