2023 is stuck Updating Plugin Objects

Ramon PG

Question

14 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
14 minutes ago, aheininen said:

Go over Matt's name or his picture, wait for a pop-up, on bottom of pop-up there is Message button. Press that and send PM to Matt with your file.

Sorry, @Ramon PG.  I probably should've said "Private Message" the file rather than "PM".

In any case, @aheininen's instructions are how to do it. 🙂 

I sent the file's Dropbox link via PM.

I am getting another issue with the file. Double clicking the Door Schedule with Images on Sheet A612, instantly crashes VWs 2022. Opening the Door Schedule in the Resource Manager make VWs 2022 hangs and eventually crashes it.

That last issue is really scary. I am nearing an important milestone in the Construction Documents phase!! Any help is appreciated .

Edited by Ramon PG
added last note
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
47 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

I sent the file's Dropbox link via PM.

Got it! Thank you!

47 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

I am getting another issue with the file. Double clicking the Door Schedule with Images on Sheet A612, instantly crashes VWs 2022. Opening the Door Schedule in the Resource Manager make VWs 2022 hangs and eventually crashes it.

That last issue is really scary. I am nearing an important milestone in the Construction Documents phase!! Any help is appreciated .

So far, I have not been able to reproduce the "updating plug-in objects" hang you had.  Have you tried running the Vectorworks Installer Repair?

However, I was able to reproduce the crash and submitted a report for that (VB-193548).

5 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

Got it! Thank you!

So far, I have not been able to reproduce the "updating plug-in objects" hang you had.  Have you tried running the Vectorworks Installer Repair?

However, I was able to reproduce the crash and submitted a report for that (VB-193548).

I didn't know about the Installer Repair, I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

The Repair is actually part of the Vectorworks Updater program, not the installer. Middle Right, labeled Advanced Options.

Hello, I did the repair with the Updater and it was successful, but opening the 2022 file with 2023 still hangs on the same item: "Updating Plugin Objets..."

image.thumb.png.9e44c0de21b8c093067cc44a769bc292.png

Is there a reason (other than not updating your signature) that you are still on OS12.5.1 instead of 12.6? If not, then possibly try that and see if it makes a difference.

Possibly User Folder corruption? Create a new User and run VW from there (which will generate a clean User Folder) and see if the file updates then? Or quit VW, drag your user folder to the desktop, launch VW and see if you can import the file.  If no, then just delete the new User Folder and replace it with the old one. If it does work you have to decide if you want to stick with the new one and add in anything you have added, or go back to the old on knowing your have something that is causing problems and you will need to troubleshoot it another time.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Is there a reason (other than not updating your signature) that you are still on OS12.5.1 instead of 12.6? If not, then possibly try that and see if it makes a difference.

Possibly User Folder corruption? Create a new User and run VW from there (which will generate a clean User Folder) and see if the file updates then? Or quit VW, drag your user folder to the desktop, launch VW and see if you can import the file.  If no, then just delete the new User Folder and replace it with the old one. If it does work you have to decide if you want to stick with the new one and add in anything you have added, or go back to the old on knowing your have something that is causing problems and you will need to troubleshoot it another time.

I am currently working on my work MacBP M1Pro 14" and it has OS12.6. My personal MacBP M1 13" (that's on 12.5.1) also has the problem with VWs 2023. I'll report on the User Folder swap.

We had similiar issue with opening v22 file in 2023 version and in middle of ‘updating walls’ during file opening stage it crashed software.

We found that it was casued by abandoned wall objects on one design layer with wall style bound to non existing stories. Walls were actually flat as we dont have stories present in the file.

Not sure if issue has to do something with stories…?

After these abandoned wall objects were erased crash never happend again and file finally opened succesfully in v23.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, drelARCH said:

We had similiar issue with opening v22 file in 2023 version and in middle of ‘updating walls’ during file opening stage it crashed software.

We found that it was casued by abandoned wall objects on one design layer with wall style bound to non existing stories. Walls were actually flat as we dont have stories present in the file.

Not sure if issue has to do something with stories…?

After these abandoned wall objects were erased crash never happend again and file finally opened succesfully in v23.

Thanks for the feedback. We are not using Stories, but we are using stock walls that may be bound like that.