Convert all nested objects to new class

MartinBlomberg

Question

Hi,

Every time I'm importing stuff from the resource manager they get their default class properties, which is fine in some occasions, but not in some. In this instance I've got a drum kit with several nested objects inside a group, within a group, within a symbol, within.... you get the drift. Now I want to change every single object inside the "Drum kit"-group and turn them into a new class, like "SET-Drum kit". 

How do I do this? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

That is a very good point. Any symbol I've used from the VW libraries I've invariably done stuff to - changing classes, perhaps edited the 2D geometry to match my conventions, changed the name, added data, etc - then saved in Favorites from where it then gets used going forward.

38 minutes ago, MartinBlomberg said:

Now I want to change every single object inside the "Drum kit"-group and turn them into a new class, like "SET-Drum kit". 

I may be wrong, but the above solutions, and they are solutions, seem to miss the original ask.  So let me ask you, Martin, do you want to change all the objects contained in a parent object to be assigned to the same class as that parent object?  And, would you like the option to assign a class that you choose to the parent object and all its children?  In both cases would you like the option to have the child objects to be assigned a "-" sub class of the parent object class?

Edited by Sam Jones
correct spelling
  • Like 1