Scissor Lift 3.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This Marionette object is a Scissor Lift PIO. You can place the Scissor Lift in your drawing and set the height via a Slider in the OIP. (See video.) All the different parts of the Lift are different symbols, and the Marionette script places each symbol at a particular insertion point and rotation based on the value of the Slider. If you wish to share the object, make sure that you share the entire symbol folder that holds all of its accompanying parts.

This object was based on a symbol created by @barnes2000. Thanks Scott for letting me play!

What's New in Version 3.0.0   See changelog

Released

There seems to be a corruption in the last file that was uploaded - here is a file with the same PIOs but hopefully no corruption

• Like 4
  • Love 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is super awesome. What a great example of Marionette!

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

(Now all we need is a way to show something like this at different heights (states) without having multiple versions of it in a file :) (the classing method))

Share this comment

Wow - Super impressed !!

Could do something similar for NivoFlex adjustable stages ?!?

Edited by Ethan R.

Share this comment

Reason I'm so happy to see this file is I have occasion to use scissor lifts as Followspot platforms for Events. Works a charm, but not fun to illustrate this elegantly.

2 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

(Now all we need is a way to show something like this at different heights (states) without having multiple versions of it in a file :) (the classing method))

exactly right Kevin, and of course not just this item.

Share this comment

This is amazing but it does not accept units other than Imperial. So users can not put in '7m' but have to work out what it is in feet and inches (22' 11.59" ie 23'). It is only the USA, Liberia and Myanmar that use the outdated Imperial system.

Please can these wonderful free marionette shares take into account units that the "The Rest of the World" are using please?!

Thanks,

Peter

Edited by Peter Neufeld

Share this comment

Thank you Sarah for making this metric capable. I'm sure your swift work will be appreciated by many more users around the world!

Cheers,

Peter

Share this comment

I've just re-downloaded the file to send to someone and I noticed that if I draw anything, say in Top Plan or otherwise, such as a line, rectangle or sphere all the fields in the OIP are set to '0'.

Never seen that before! Actually if pasted into a new file the OIP reports correctly.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by Peter Neufeld

Share this comment

I'm getting the pop up dialogue where it says it might be created by a newer version of the application - is this created in VWX 2018, and if so could someone convert this to a VWX 2017 version?

Share this comment