Send To Surface command doesn't send to surface.

bc

Question

So how does VW define "surface" of a site model?

Here's a problem I run into a lot so I am hoping it is just me and someone has an answer or a VectorworksAround.

It the instance shown I wanted to represent a gravel path at grade so in plan I draw the path shape and then exec. the send to surface command.

So VW seems to get it 90% but somehow there is always some hump of site model protruding. The path shown is actually raised up 1 inch but still shows dirt.

Is this just the status quo or is there some workaround?

Thanks

Bradley

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 7.03.47 AM.png

9 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, bc said:

Thanks Jeff but I only have Architect which doesn't include the landscape tool set.

Perhaps you shouldn't do landscape work then 🙂

I'm kidding of course.

These different toolsets between the Architect and Landmark is ridiculous, in my always humble opinion.

I bought Designer as a result.

The texture bed will follow the contours of the terrain. You draw a 2D polygon then it is projected onto the surface of the site model as a texture.

You can apply a texture bed to a site model in one of three ways: as a Site Modifier, as a Hardscape or as a Landscape Area (Landmark/Design Suite only).

As a Site Modifier or Hardscape, the texture bed is literally just a texture applied to the surface of the site model. A site modifier will only display in 3D whereas a Hardscape will also have a Top/Plan representation.

A Landscape Area however can have components + a thickness + will be factored into the cut calculations, as well as following the contours of the terrain.

• Like 4