Windows laptop crashing after installing VW22 latest service pack

Dandan

Question

Straight after updating VW to the latest service pack (sp3), my laptop has started crashing when VW is open. I get a blue screen error message saying the machine needs to shutdown. I had VW22 sp2 until this update and didn't have this issue.

If I open VW21, I don't get the crashing.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Could it be something to do with the NVIDIA Graphics Card?

7 answers to this question

I also experienced some trouble just after installing SP4 on my MacBook Pro this morning. Attempting to update multiple VPs resulted in waiting so long I forced VW to quit. These VPs would normally update in a few seconds. This happened twice. Then, on the third attempt I got a blue screen and the Mac restarted it self. Now, I am updating one VP at a time and I'm not currently having problems.

It was a brief and fleeting problem yesterday, but has returned again today. In the same file, if I select several VPs (some elevation VPs and some section VPs) just after opening the file, the rendering goes on too long. The Mac OS says the Vectorworks is "not responding". However if I update those VPs individually then the problem seems to be resolved. After that I am able to update multiple VPs. (It only takes a few seconds). That's my work-around for now. 

I wish I could give you the answer to this problem.  I'm having the same issue.  I've had Vectorworks open in the background while working in another application and it crashes or it's open but I'm doing nothing and kaboom!  I'm debating seeing if I can rollback this SP, I'm working on my summer intensive for my masters and don't have time to deal with this this week.