michael john williams

Reinstall Vectorworks

Question

Due to my virus software detecting a corrupt file in Vectorworks I have to reinstall Vectorworks Architect 2020. Please direct me to the link to download the software and content library?

I did not renew my Service Select in May but I believe I am still entitled to use 2020 as I have paid for the software and have the serial number for 2020.

8 answers to this question

Interesting. I got the same problem today. Running bit defender, and VW2020

Feature: Antivirus

The file C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2020\Plug-Ins\Plug-In Support.vlb is infected with Gen:Variant.Bulz.14887 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

I can restore the plugin files, but is it safe? Does anyone at VW know anything about this? 

Thanks

We use BullGurad for our virus protection. Quite frequently it crashes Vectorworks and sends Vectorworks and plug ins to quarantine or at worse says to reinstall the software. 

To avoid this we add Vectorworks to the safe 'white' list but still it can crash Vectorworks and a file you are working on and work is lost.