11.5 Crashing and burning

OK, done all the usual suspects. Upgraded my video drivers.

My machine crashes about every 30 minutes,and almost everytime I go to any view other than Top.

I've tried shutting down everything and restarting in Selective Startup and in Diagnostic, with the same results. I've tried saving after almost every edit and it still happens.

Another suspicious thing: I'm getting a Norton Antivirus warning that I'm getting incoming trojan attacks, just after startup. Does Vectorworks report in to the mother ship everytime I boot it up? Or is this a possible conflict with your online help. Why would Norton think there's a trojan incoming to Vectorworks.exe?

Help?

I'm running an IBM T22 laptop with 512 Ram and 80 gig hard drive.

If you are working on a network with others who are using VW then you can get this message, though it should be when they start the program, not you. When they start VW their computers will check the network to make sure no other copies with the same serial number are running, causing your Nortons to think you are being attacked.

About the crashes I can't say. Can you imagine the flack though if they released a fix that wasn't tested to the point of solving at least 90% of the present crashes?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Nemetschek North America has identified and resolved an important stability problem which affects all Windows users running any VectorWorks 11.5 product. Under certain operating conditions this problem can result in random crashes on Windows machines. We are releasing this service pack to fix the problem. This single download will update all English-language VectorWorks 11.5 products (ARCHITECT, LANDMARK, SPOTLIGHT, MECHANICAL, VectorWorks, and RenderWorks) to version 11.5.0(40462). If you are currently using a version of VectorWorks prior to 11.5.0, you must first install 11.5.0 before using this updater.

The download is available from the following location:

http://www.nemetschek.net/downloads/vectorworks/index.html#servicepack