Janvin Lowe

Flyover tool on the fly on a Mac

Does anyone know if there's another key I can use other than the default "control" key + middle mouse button to initiate the flyover tool "on the fly" (ie. without formally clicking on the flyover tool (Shift-C)).

Thanks!

Press ctrl and middle button simultaneously. 

Hope that works

Hi Mark, thanks for the prompt reply.

Perhaps, I can clarify my question:  yes, I know control + middle mouse button initiates the flyover tool (temporarily) but I'm asking is there a setting in VW that allows me to use/assign another key other than the 'control' key for this function.

Tools > Workspaces > Edit Current Workspace... > Tools > Basic > View/Draw > Flyover

No, I don't believe so. Depending on your mouse and driver software, you may be able to set up a macro to for one of your mouse buttons to do this function, but personally I have not had much luck  with that.

Its not something I have spent much time on so others may have a much better idea than me.

3 minutes ago, Christiaan said:

Tools > Workspaces > Edit Current Workspace... > Tools > Basic > View/Draw > Flyover

Mark's right. This only allows you to change keyboard shortcut.

@markdd thanks again Mark - that's too bad, it's a really handy keyboard shortcut to have but the 'control' key is definitely awkwardly placed on the keyboard - first world problem.

@Christiaan thanks for the reply Christiaan - the keyboard shortcut to the actual flyover tool is not what i was looking to change - thanks tho!

@Kevin McAllister Thanks Kevin - I'm guessing it's just something which VW assumes either users will just get use to using as-is or just call up the command 'full-time' with Shift-C combo - I'm coming from a Sketchup background and their Shift + middle mouse button is the perfect combination.

It's a stretch but here's, hoping they add that bit of code to VW 2019... 

14 minutes ago, Janvin Lowe said:

@Kevin McAllister Thanks Kevin - I'm guessing it's just something which VW assumes either users will just get use to using as-is or just call up the command 'full-time' with Shift-C combo - I'm coming from a Sketchup background and their Shift + middle mouse button is the perfect combination.

It's a stretch but here's, hoping they add that bit of code to VW 2019... 

Its been on my wishlist for years since I don't have/use a middle mouse button. I also have a longstanding wish that navigation be separated from tools, as it is in almost every other 3d modelling program.

Kevin

• Like 1