Bruce Kieffer

Change how the Workspace Manager Works.

Question

I wish the Workspace Manager pretty much opposite of how it works now. I want to save my workspace so I can revert to it, but as it is now any change is automatically saved. There is no way to revert to a previously saved workspace.

7 answers to this question

Workspaces are stored in your User Library Application Support ....

You can BackUp these, or revert with Time Machine and all such things.

Or from WS Manager, create Duplicates (even when temporary) to play with settings.

I didn't try to backup them either so far as I worked a lot with duplicates

until I was ok with one of these and deleted the rest.

What exactly did not work for you ?

The duplicate workspace did not work for me in the past. Maybe it got fixed in 2018. It does work now, but that doesn't change my wish that to be able to "save" my workspace or revert it to the last version I saved.

Duplicate workspaces have worked fine for my copies of VW over the past years, it looks like there might be a glitch with your install or preferences interferring with duplicating them. You could still save your workspace and copy it to another folder. Or install an syncing program that does this automatically for you and that can keep versions.

Ok, I doubled checked to be sure I posted my "wish" on the wishlist. I did! So even though I have the duplicated workspace working in Vectorworks 2018, I still want to be able to "save" my workspace or revert it to the last version I saved, which is not how it works now. I do appreciate everyone's efforts and help to find a workaround.

Edited by Bruce Kieffer