Marionette in 2017

Has Marionette been abandoned in Vectorworks 2017?  When I try to open my VW 2016 Marionette Template file (which just has two or three Marionette objects in it) Vectorworks 2017 consistently crashes.  When trying to edit a Marionette object in a project file, the nodes are all huge and stacked up on top of each other.  And the Marionette object itself, which creates a simple parallelogram, now consists of two parallelograms...

1 hour ago, willofmaine said:

When trying to edit a Marionette object in a project file, the nodes are all huge and stacked up on top of each other.

This is because the scale relationship between nodes and layer scale changed in VW2017. There were a few bugs initially where node scale did some weird things... I'm not sure if those have been sorted yet.

1 hour ago, willofmaine said:

And the Marionette object itself, which creates a simple parallelogram, now consists of two parallelograms...

I've had some Marionette objects do some weird stuff too. If you post an example someone here could troubleshoot it....

Kevin

Okay, if I select all the nodes and rescale them by a factor equal to the current drawing scale, all looks right... until I move the Marionette object to another layer at another scale and it's necessary to repeat the procedure.  This doesn't seem like an improvement, but, maybe I missing something.

Here's the "Roof Pitch" object.  It should simply display a single parallelogram, and not the second upper one.  Doesn't seem like the code should be interpreted differently in 2017?...  VWIS089

01-Roof Pitch Dysfunctional.vwx

@willofmaineHi, I changed the scale of the design layer and all looks good. Can copy and paste to another design layer and all ok.

No is it doesn't like being copied to another scale design layer.

I see an issue with my script, works ok in 2106, update to 2017 and it gets messy.

Open attached file in 2016 and run it, then open in 2017 to see the difference.

Capture.JPG

Capture-01.JPG

Rafter with angle correction_001.vwx

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Marionette Maven

It appears that the same issue is happening to both of your files when updating to 2017.

@Alan Woodwell- in your 2017 file, for some reason the output from your 'add' node is also being wired to your x port on your lower 'Point 2D'

If you remove that wire, your network works fine.

@willofmaineAlthough you only attached your 2017 file, it appears that you may also have an extra wire. If you go into your network, I'm assuming the '2Run' node should not also be wired to that top 'Point2D'

I don't know why this is happening, but I will file a report on them and see if someone with more knowledge of the backend can figure things out.