Callout Note Horizontal Text Position

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the Text and leader line positions I am after.

The text and arrows in blue in the below image are what I am trying to achieve, eg Text alignment left with arrows off the end.

Have tried the 4 combinations of "Horizontal Position" and "Horizontal Text Alignment" as shown in red and not getting any success.

Any ideas what I am missing.

Capture3.PNG

Edited by Josh NZ

This can be a little fussy but as Alan says keeping the tool on Auto is a big help. My rule is to put Detail Call Outs on the Right side of a drawing unless the paper real estate dictates otherwise. As we use a Vertical Accent Bar we also align all notes' Vertical Lines in one straight vertical line down the Right side of the page as this is usually the side free from binding & where most people look to first on a drawing. This is especially so as our convention is to have the Exterior in a Detail or Section on the Left. (DR XL for short)

Having said that, I have found that using the Align/Distribute Leader Line Command (Under the Modify Menu) to have been a very helpful addition back in VW2014 or so. You may find that either the Align/Distribute Leader Line Command or a combination of that Command &  the Align/Distribute maybe your way to get what you want to see. (I've used our standard line work, but you should get the idea.)

Oh, one further note: One must have the width of the Text Block as tight to the end of the text as possible. Otherwise this will not work as VW will find the edge of the Text Block & align things say, 2M from where you think it should be aligned. :S

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 6.03.02 PM (2).jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 6.03.31 PM (2).jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 6.04.18 PM (2).jpg

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 2