Fixture mode in Symbols

markdd

Thanks Marissa. I am aware that it applies to Vision. My question is really, how does Vectorworks know which Fixture Mode to use? I have imported a VW fixture from the stock fixture libraries that has its mode correctly pre-assigned. I would very much like to understand where in the symbol this information is kept!

Thanks

Mark

• Marionette Maven

My understanding is there is a back-end string comparison going on to compare naming conventions.

I think it's still in a slightly unfinished state, some things haven't been matching up with what I would assume right out of the gate.

I know they're still working to identify where the naming issues are.

That's great to understand. It was a Chauvet symbol and yes, it went to the top of the Chauvet list!.

As an aside, when is the "lens" portion of the light info record going to be implemented and also, what are you doing when you occasionally put information in the fixture id field? The fixture that started all of this has a "Y" in there!

Many thanks.

Mark

Right click on the lighting object in your resource browser - Edit 3D component - deselect any selections - Object Info Window, click the "Data' tab - There should be a "part" and "lighting object info" or something along those lines. You can edit that info from there. Change channel numbers ect..

Also available to access via > Spotlight drop down menu > Reports > Lighting Symbol Maintenance

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On 14/10/2016 at 3:21 PM, Collyns LD said:

Right click on the lighting object in your resource browser - Edit 3D component - deselect any selections - Object Info Window, click the "Data' tab - There should be a "part" and "lighting object info" or something along those lines. You can edit that info from there. Change channel numbers ect..

Also available to access via > Spotlight drop down menu > Reports > Lighting Symbol Maintenance

Nice!:D
I had same problem >:( in edit my personal library and this metod resolved my problem.:)

I selected and edited all symbols, and after this, edit data in Light Synbol Maintenance, now the synbols apears perfect in all data sistem: instrument Summary etc... :D
Sorry my bad english O.o