Wall + Label ID

Itchy

Having issues getting these two to work together. I have a wall style, and under the data tab I have given the style a mark, which i want to show up on the label ID. I then click the label id tool, click in empty space and then second click on the wall. the only option i have to select is the ID style and options, but nothing to try link the ID to the Mark info of the wall style.

Is there a step that i am missing, or another tool that i should be using? THe end result I am afters is for a key to be linked to the wall style.

ID tool.JPG

Wall ID.JPG

Wall style.JPG

9 hours ago, michaelk said:

I've always had problems with that tool.

I think it works on walls created after you add the Mark data.  I don't think it works on walls that are inserted and then whose style is edited to include the Mark data.

but I could be wrong…

hth

mk

I do not have time today to test it - but if that is the case - that is a bug.  Wall Styles should be able to change Tag IDs globally regardless if that was active when the first wall was place. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Selecting "Replace IFC Data" when saving the wall style will update all walls using that wall style in the document. While this may not be an obvious option, the Mark value is also stored in the IFC data. Perhaps the "Replace IFC Data" checkbox should be reworded to better reflect everything that it's doing.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Regarding the Wall Tag: The ID Label looks at the Mark value of the wall style and autofills the ID label. If you have a wall with a given Mark value (in the Wall Style Settings "Data" pane), when you place an ID label (with the second click touching the wall), it auto fills the Mark value in the label. If the value is changed later for that wall, the ID label will update with the new value.