Interior Wall Detail Help

Hi,

I'm trying to draw a window with a splay wall but when I use the interior wall detail tool, it splays the wall all the way around the window and I only want the wall to be angled on either side of the window. It looks fine in the plan but when I look at it in 3D the sill of the window and the header are also angled. Can anyone help me amend this? (I can attach a link if i'm not clear!) 

Many thanks,

Lois 

(I use VW 2016, Mac)

Edited by lolo66

Easy!

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 11.28.29 AM.png

....I added extrudes.  I know it's not what you are looking for.  The quick look in the settings does not seem to allow for separate side / head / sill control.  You could create a custom window symbol that has the extra piece in it and edit the wall hole attribute - but that gets a little crazy.   Maybe somebody else can do better...

I tried subtracting solids from the wall- so I cut a hole for the window so I could get my angled walls too but it seems to take away the normal function of the wall so it acts like a normal 3D shape now. So when I try to add another window to the wall it doesn't snap into the wall but just sits on top. So i'm guessing that if you mess with walls by cutting shapes out of them, you take away their 'special wall functions.' I've added another file if this message makes no sense! Would you mind explaining what you mean by 'adding extrudes?' 

Thank you for your patience!

Lois 

Angled Wall Test.vwx

You can set Symbols to be able to cut Walls while creation.
So like a Symbol can have a 2D Part, a 3D part, it can also include an extra  part that is the 3D Volume
that will be used to make the Wall's cut.
This way the Wall can stay Wall and keep its intelligence.

Another way to do geometry changes extensions to Walls are things like "Wall Recess" or "Wall Projections"

Hi Lois,

I've attached a pic and a *.vwx file showing what you want using a symbol with a "3D Wall Hole Component" as Tom and Zoomer

previously shared above. A little caveat while using this method.  3D hole components will in top/plan view make a hole straight

thru the wall so in the symbol you will need to fill in with 2D objects.  Look into the symbol in the file.  You will see that it has

2 parts.  A 2D part and a 3D hole part.  Sometimes a symbol can and usually does also contain a 3D part, but not needed here.

It seems messy but it will get the job done.

Hope this helps.

Splayed Walls.vwx

ScreenHunter_157 Sep. 09 08.37.jpg