Double Doors - Showing Active Leaf in Plan

Hi,

Since switching to 3D work, my firm has struggled with plan representations of double doors. I don't know how standard this convention is, but we typically show one leaf open 45 degrees and the other at 90. It's our way of saying that both leaves are operable, but the one at 90 is the active leaf.

Is there any way to accomplish this in Vectorworks without a cumbersome workaround? Is this a request that would benefit others? I'll definitely be adding it as a wish list request if I'm correct that it's not possible.

Thank you,

Amelia

VW 2015

Amelia you are on the right track as Peter has illustrated. I would have done the same thing. It's not pretty technically but it's the end result that we're looking for. Those reading the drawings will never know.

VW just doesn't have that much control, but it would probably be something easy to do. Wish List it.

Hi,

There is one thing you can do if you don't care you don't see the jambs.

Set your jamb width of 2 single doors to 0 (Zero) and you can make the swings as you wish and they look ok in 2D and 3D.

See attached.

HTH

PS. the other thing you can do is paste a 2D jamb with rebate as per sketch.

Looks even better.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Alan-

The problem with using two separate single door PIOs is that the Door Schedule will now show, for example, two 3'-0" doors instead of one 6'-0" wide pair of French doors.

Until NV adds the option to have unequal opening angles (which we should have since we can have unequal door leaves), I think that Peter's suggestion to use Custom 2D door geometry is currently the best solution.