Getting lighting photos of VW Model.

So here is where im stuck,

I have been using the Rendering Bitmap tool to export highquality photos of my models. I added some lighting looks and when I try to us the Render Bitmap tool it wont capture the lighting.

Could anyone explain how to get high quality rendered photos of lighting in VW?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Bryce Foster

Mr. Dunning,

I have tried exporting an image file, when I click on render and in the preview the image is rendered but when I save and open the image it is still in wire frame.

I tried using the Render Bitmap tool It will render the scenery but not the lighting.

Any Ideas?

Thanks for the help

Edited by Bryce Foster

I'm a big proponent of using viewports for rendering for the following reasons:

- You can save views and scale them to a printed page. Either create the view and "save" it to a VP via the Create VP command, or my preferred method: create a RW camera and convert the camera to a VP.

- Each VP can have its own lighting options via Object Info or individual light settings via the Visualization Palette.

- You can update several Viewports at once and, depending on how taxing the render, continue to work while the VP updates.

- The VP takes its resolution from the Sheet Layer settings on which it resides. This means you can be very specific about resolution and print size. You can also do a test render at low resolution (even lower than screen, say 45 dpi), then up the resolution to print quality before updating the renders.

- If you make changes to the design, your renders are already set up.

I export the sheet layer to PDF to share, even if I'm opening in an image editor to further manipulate. Keep in mind that the PDF also has a resolution which can down-sample but not up-sample your final output.

HTH,

Josh

• Like 1

If you click on render bitmap and then the Render bitmap preferences tool at top left of screen you have the option to render in a all the different modes.

I agree with above, I get the best results form the viewport rendering for final images.

Edited by Alan Woodwell