Sign in to follow this  
michaelk

Label Legend Reposition in 2015

Anybody else noticing that Label Legends can't be repositioned in 2015?

I tried it with a new legend in a blank document. No luck.

mk

Interesting?

Took the new file above, exported to 2014. Labels can be repositioned.

Saved that file in 2014. Opened the file in 2015. Labels can now be repositioned?.

Any ideas?

mk

Hi mk;

i just opened a new 2015 doc, imported a couple of lighting symbols from the Nemetschek Martin library, created a label legend, inserted a lighting device. After i applied the LL, i repositioned the LL attributes around the lighting device and saved as a new Label Legend. No problem. i don't know what i did different from you, but i didn't have to export back and forth into/out of 2014 in order for LL repositioning to work.

All best,

Steve

Usually the issue when you can not reposition labels is you accidentally toggled the mode on the selection tool.

The selection tool needs to be set to allow interactive scaling in order to move control points. (2nd or 3rd mode)

Kevin

Nope. Selection tool is not in first mode? It's across all drawings in 2015.

mk

Curious if others are experiencing this - so far I've only done one plot in 2015 and I built it completely from scratch, didn't import any of my own symbols, label legends or anything else from prior versions. Figured I'd "start clean." I haven't had any difficulty at all repositioning label legends.

However I just now went to create a couple new legends by duplicating existing ones from the RB. All went fine for awhile, renamed the new legend and "edited fields" OK, but when I went back to the LL Manager window to "edit layout" VW crashed. Twice in succession.

Just happened a third time. I figured if I "edited fields" and then closed the window before trying to edit layout, maybe that would help. But apparently what's causing the crash is simply checking "Gobo 1" as a field I'd like to include, not trying to "edit layout" per se.

_______

Built the LL from scratch instead of duplicating an existing one then editing it, no crash. Still, one doesn't like crashes?

hmmmmm

Jeff

Edited by Jeff B

Still having this problem. Even on new blank documents. Cannot reposition label legends. Any ideas, Kevin?

mk

It is being investigated but we have isolated the issue to be something with 10.8.x only.

No problems in 10.7, 10.9, 10.10 or Windows.