Vectorworks 2014 feature videos

One of the new features I like is the improved Rotated Plan working environment. Now you can rotate the plan and then use the standard views in that view context including returning to the set Plan View without losing the plan rotation (see attached image).

It even works with the numeric keyboard shortcuts. In earlier versions the zero key returned you to an unrotated Plan View. Now the first use of the zero key returns you to the Rotated Plan View. A second use of the zero key undoes the plan rotation and return you to the standard Plan View. Only a small improvement but it makes working in Rotated Plan View a lot easier.

Edited by mike m oz
were there any tutorials/examples/manuals included regarding the new Python Scripting language?

This may or may not be of interest to you, it's not free but you can watch anything unlimited for free over a one week trial period to get a taste: www.lynda.com.

They're polished and concise tutorials that cover a lot of ground fast. $25 a month gets you access to everything and Python is one of the programming languages they teach.

I've been making my way through other stuff, but I'll be taking a look at the Python tutorials now. On the software side they don't do Vectorworks unfortunately, but they do do Cinema 4D and a ton of other titles.

Viewports are also improved:

- All Viewports can now have their Drawing Title changed from the OIP.

Mike,

I think this was already true. The hope was to be able to edit the drawing number of all Viewports from the OIP. Unfortunately this was not addressed in VW 2014. You still can't edit the drawing number of a regular viewport like you can section or detail viewport.

Kevin