OIP - Need updated Interface

taoist

Question

5 answers to this question

VW just did a new thing this year with the spotlight instrument OIP. Like the door and window OIP, it suffers from having more information than can be presented w/o scrolling, and many users don't need access to every field.

They added an "OIP Builder" (It's really called "Lighting Device Parameters") that lets users set what fields appear and in what order in the Lighting Device OIP. You can make multiple versions of the OIP and switch between them.

I'm sure there is a programming reason why this can't happen, but I'd like to see doors and windows get both this OIP builder and the Label Legend Manager from Spotlight.

mk

I think this is a great idea. C4D has a great Attribute Manager (similar to the OIP). You can have multiple versions open at the same time and can easily control what it shows (ie. one can just show tool options while another shows object options). It is tabbed in much the way Taoist is showing and you can select multiple tabs at once to show more information at the same time.

The C4D interface is very fluid and customizable. VW could learn a lot from this sister company.

Kevin