False Advertising!

Tom Klaber

The new Arroway textures are a welcome addition. But the images they show to demonstrate them are not generated in Vectorworks! I thought that they had reworked the rendering engin to incorporate true 3D bumping, and to take advantage of the Arrowway bump and diffuse image maps, but they didn't. That nice shot of the stone wall is not doable in VWs, because the bump feature is almost useless unless you are adding a find texture or grout lines. Shame on you Vectorworks...

Give me Maxwell!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The Arroway default content does include the Arroway bump maps, not sure why you are not seeing these as they are included. I think you may be talking about displacement mapping rather than bump mapping?

Q: Which marketing image are you referring to?

Dave-

I'm guessing that Tom is referring to the images in New Arroway Texture Import and in the related movie. I believe that those are Arroway's marketing images, not Nemetschek's. Those images show displacement mapping, which is not possible in Vw 2013.

I would be curious to know if any of the images shown in that movie clip were in fact made with Vw Renderworks 2013. If so - please share some of the texture & lighting settings. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...