Exporting Dwgs

Do you have the Map Line Weights to Colors option checked? This could be part of the changing line colors?

What version of DWG are you exporting to? Versions prior to 14 do not support fills at all. Later version should support them as either hatched or wipeouts.

Do you have a simple file showing the problem that you can post for us to look at?

OK, I took a look at the file and you have a couple of problems.

1. You are using a pattern fill. These do not export. When you use a fill pattern, only the background color of the fill exports. You will need to create a hatch and use that instead of the fill or accept a single color for the fill.

If you do use a hatch, make sure you uncheck the Export 2D fills option or you will get a black fill under the hatch.

2. It appears you are using the Map Color to Line Weight option for the export. With this turned off, I get the proper color for the lines.

HTH.

I have issues exporting to the ACad viewer. I have to remove all viewports, export DWG files then save plot files in ACad. Anyone with a better technique?

I think you'll have to be a little more clear Jim :), do you mean that you're trying to export to dwg? Are you exporting design layers with viewports or sheet layers with viewports?

What would you like the result to be (you refer to plotfiles which is an old (dumb) AutoCAD dead file for plotting, it's better to create a pdf instead in that case....this is equal in content but much more widely used...plus you can create them in one step from VWs?!

Edited by Vincent C

Vincent,

We have a client who requires us to provide AS BUILT drawings that can be read by AUTOCAD READER file. When a project is complete, I have export just the Design Layers (no Sheet Views or Viewports) & then assemble all the required drawings as AutoCAD Plot files. Saving an AUTOCAD file from my VW 2009 exported Sheet Views or Viewports does not work in AUTOCAD READER.

Yes PDF would be a better answer, but we are dealing with a large Public Library board who have cast this requirement in stone.

Saving an AUTOCAD file from my VW 2009 exported Sheet Views or Viewports does not work in AUTOCAD READER.

I think (sorry if I seem slow but these things tend to be quite different in different parts of the world..:) ) what you mean is that your client wants AutoCAD files that include the related paperspace layout file(s) and referenced model file(s), is this correct?

If it is then this is indeed not possible from VWs, I still don't understand why NNA(and Graphisoft) don't make it possible to convert Design layers and Sheet layers to match DWG model and paperspace, the closest you can get is to have a Paperspace with viewports (good) DWG that has each corresponding model in it's own AutoCAD layer in the same file (not good) instead of referenced modelfiles in paperspace viewports as any AutoCAD user would like it.)

Anyway it is as you suppose....... first export your VW Design layers as simple dwg model files and then create the correct layout drawings Paperspace/viewports/references in AutoCAD.

Edited by Vincent C