Problem rendering glass in doors

Hi all.

I'm having the strangest problem with rendering glass in doors. I'm able to assign the "clear" texture used by windows but when I render using renderworks (Fast, Final Quality, Custom,) the glass in windows shows up clear but the glass in doors shows up with streaks through it. It all looks fine in OpenGL but NOT when using RW.

Has anyone out there seen this before? Can someone help me figure out how to fix it?

Peter, I assigned the texture through the door settings. Under View, I set Int and Ext Panels to Style-Glazing-1. Then I assigned the Clear texture (created when I added windows) to the Other tab in the class attributes.

Ray, no, it goes away when I paste it to a new file. I assume that this means something has become corrupted. Is it just me, or do things become "corrupted" in VW way too often? REALLY tired of this...

Peter, I get that I have to set both panels. I did so. I don't like it but that's not the problem. I set both panels to Clear but they don't render as clear. When I copy and paste the wall and door into a new file, things render just fine.

What I don't understand is, why doesn't the original file render properly?

Hi Bill, sorry you are having such a bad time with this. And trust me, I know how you feel! You might try calling the phone support and asking them if you can email them the file, or just file a bug report and attache the file to it. Sometimes those folks are amazing and will find the problem and send the file back. Sometimes... but not always...

P

Thanks, Peter.

At this point, I've spent the time to copy everything into a new file. I've submitted several bug reports in the past and never heard a thing. Probably won't spend the time to submit a report on this because I've already wasted a bunch of time and I suspect that NNA will not be interested in a problem with 2009 one month before 2010 is released.

Bill,

In 2008 the only way to set the door and window glazing the same is to use "style-glazing-1" (or similar class) for both.

Windows offer the additional options like clear etc. but these are not the same as the styles.

Check to see if you have the same "style-glazing" class for both. On the windows these are listed below the named options.

Yeah, I know. I said that I set the style by using the style-glazing-1 option.

I copied and pasted the model into a blank file and the glazing rendered properly.

Now, I've just had the same thing happen to a handrail PIO. The issue seems to be related to ray-traced shadows. If I choose shadow mapped shadows, everything looks fine (except that I don't like the look of the shadow mapped shadows.) BUT, it didn't happen to all of the handrails. So, I deleted the bad ones, and copied new ones and everything looks OK again.

I've been using VW for two years and never had this problem before. What the heck is causing it?

Hi Bill

I too have had bad news with mirrored objects. I have truss screens drawn in 3d and when mirroring after an image was aplied it sometimes rendered incorrectly, with streaks going through it at 45deg or sometimes only part of the image appears.

I take it as a bug on my system, filing it as a bug seened pointless to me as I read on here that NNA will not bother anyway to fix it, unless one of the users on here had a script for it. Note: I don't think it happened everytime I mirrored, but I got so into not doing it I never had the problem.

Hope you come right

Keep Well