Vegetation line

red62

My mac version of vectorworks landmark, does not like the vegetation line command. When it does work, the arcs are spikey not cloud like. When it does not work I get the spinning beach ball and the program locks up. I 've tried using the command in a blank document. It does the same thing. Any suggestions?

Are you sure you are not using the plant line tool instead of the vegetation line tool with the cloud option?

Also, the min and max radius are important to set, especially if you are running metric because by default the radius were initially in inches and if you are working in say mm, the values will be approx 25x too small.

Also consider using the revision tool (then ungroup and split as needed) or new planting area tool for quick and dirty cloud style lines.

So it will be worth revisiting the options and the min and max radius.

That said, I just noticed that my veg lines are appearing inverted, ie concave within the objects rather than convex outside the objects. There may be a bug.

• 1 month later...

Why is it that my ?Landscape Area tool? has had at least all this and more for, what, at least 5 years?

Yeaah! A multi-milllion dollar/euro/pound firm may soon be able to compete with a one-person software company as comes to functionality. Aren't the talented!

Actually, five years from today, NNA will be another 10 years behind of me.