Pat Stanford

Rotate objects by individual centers

Posted (edited)

@Boh I noticed that Active layer have to be Visible. Invisible or Grayed do not works even if are Active.

@Sam Jones  I found that GetLVis procedure cause this problem. I analyzed this script and I think this is it. Do you known how fix it?

Edited by Robert J | Design Express
  • Like 1

Ok confirming that for the second script to work the layer the objects are on not only has to be the active layer but also has to be set to visible. Thanks @Robert J | Design Expressfor pointing this out.

@Sam Jones it easy to tweek this script to work even if the active layer is not set to visible? 

Not near a computer right now, but first, all the objects need to be on visible layers, but only one of them has to be on the active layer.  I had assumed that since the active layer is always visible the selected/is visible criteria should work I will investigate.  I do not want the command to rotate objects that are not visible.  I'm sure that the problem of a not set to visible active layer can be solved by adding "on active layer" as a criteria, but the actual wording of the added criteria I will have to investigate at a computer.

Remember there is a check box that you must check in order to rotate objects on all visible layers.  If that box remains unchecked only the active layer objects will be rotated.

• Like 1

Thanks Sam, I tried toggling all the options. It was just the active layer wasn't set to visible (despite being visible because it was the active layer). 

Change the line that says:

IF (GetLVis(objLayer) = 0) THEN

(I think it is 152) to:

IF ((theLayer = ActLayer) | (GetLVis(objLayer) = 0)) THEN

• Like 1