Sign in to follow this  
Henry Finch

Vectorworks 2008 - available 13 Sept. 2007

Christiaan,

You can send resources to library files using Resource Browser improvements. But if the goal is to centrally manage resources in a multi-user environment and control changes made to those resources, you may want to look at controlled perferences on a user-by-user basis. Ideally, a CAD manager wouldn't want every single person to be able to change/modify a library file.

Once more information is posted, or you attend Plasa and see it for yourself, it will start to make more sense. It's not a single feature here - it's how many features compliment and build off one another.

And what if the changes you're making involve multiple layers?

I don't understand how this would impact work flow. You can select any object in the drawing from the worksheet, no matter the layer, and a change can be made to any object in the database from the worksheet.

Auto exterior wall dimensions (AEC> ?dimension exterior)-all associative, with the nifty chain movability you've implemented.

The exterior wall dimensioner will create associative and chain dimensions in VW 2008. You have a lot more control over how the dimensions react in the drawing.

And what if the changes you're making involve multiple layers?

I don't understand how this would impact work flow. You can select any object in the drawing from the worksheet, no matter the layer, and a change can be made to any object in the database from the worksheet.

I said it would be good to have some sort of system of visual feedback to show you where all the objects are that you're editing via a Worksheet. You suggested that you could use force select and centre on screen to view the objects you were changing via the Worksheet.

At which point I asked: what if the objects you're changing are located on multiple layers?

Petri asked the same question and I posted I was going to have to test it.

Ideally, a CAD manager wouldn't want every single person to be able to change/modify a library file.

Ideally I want as many people as possible to be able to contribute to the office resources because it's inclusive and because it lightens my load. But this process needs to be managed and at the moment, even with the advent of VW 13 there's no way to do this within the workflow of VectorWorks.

Once more information is posted, or you attend Plasa and see it for yourself, it will start to make more sense. It's not a single feature here - it's how many features compliment and build off one another.

Is Plasa the London event on the 12th (which I'm going to)? Will you be there?

Yes, that's the event on the 12th.

I will be at another trade show premiering VW 2008 then, so I won't be in London. Frank will be though, and I expect he will put on a terrific presentation.

The exterior wall dimensioner will create associative and chain dimensions in VW 2008. You have a lot more control over how the dimensions react in the drawing

I fall at your feet. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I do not see any improvements to the dtm module. Hope I missed something. I have a 800 acre development to grade shortly.

While I also eagerly await the new features in VW2008 (especially VP on design layers), I do hope that whoever put the announcement splash web page together is fixing the misspelled 'VectoWorks' in the of both the main page and the 'features at a glance' page.

I know that it's no reflection on the quality we come to expect from NNA, but 'VectorWorks' should still be spelled correctly. I thought it was all a hoax until I read Katie's posts confirming the news.

Tim

I knew it would be fixed :), something like that wouldn't be overlooked for long.

I'm looking forward to the 13th. Thanks for keeping us posted Katie.

I noticed someone else commented on it, but I couldn't figure out where it was incorrect. One you mentioned the meta title, it dawned on me..

Thanks for you explanation!

I do hope that whoever put the announcement splash web page together is fixing the misspelled 'VectoWorks' in the of both the main page and the 'features at a glance' page.

There's also rotateable which should be rotatable.

Fixed!

Thanks for noticing.

Edited by Katie

Hi Katie,

For some reason the link to the rotatable plan image isn't working for me. Could you perhaps repost it? It's one feature I'm really keen to see..

Thanks, Nick.

Thanks, that and renaming it as a .jpg worked.

If it works like MS then I'll be very happy indeed.

While we're in spell check mode:

On the 'features at a glance' page, search for 'boarders' in the 'Machine Design Improvements' section: I believe it should be 'borders'.

Tim

Price

We will be taken for a Solid $ 930 for an Upgrade in South Africa. A lot of money for a few impovements.

Solid improvements, AlGOR Tab only, good Join Commands,Piping Tool, Extend Line(s) etc the basic stuff is not there.

Hello

Exuse me for my bad english...

I think that vectorworks has a miss: it's not possible to justify

the texts. Will that be solved in vectorworks 2008?

Katie, is there a batch export for DWGs, like the Batch PDF function (which names files based on Sheet Layer names)?

rDesign - Thanks, I'll have that fixed, too.

Elliot-

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. You've been able to justify text for a while. It's under the Text > Alignment command.

Christiaan-

This is a wish list item. Please send it to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net