Grey others objects while in groups

mike m oz

Question

Show other objects while in groups is fine. For me though I would prefer Grey other objects while in groups so that I can explicitly edit in context what is in the group. Having 3 options would be far more useful than the current two of visible or not visible. Perhaps even a toggle so that while editng in a group you can switch from visible to greyed to invisible and vice versa. That would be very powerful.

6 answers to this question

A slightly different topic, but related in concept:

I would love the option of being able to 'Show others while in Symbols.'

This would be an option only when right-click editing a SPECIFIC symbol instance in the drawing.

Otherwise there would be no 'others' to show if you were simply editing the symbol straight

from the Resource Browser.

BUT, this would be useful, since things like a Floor object are really Hybrid symbols,

so when you double-click to edit the 2D profile, you don't get to see "others," so you

have no context by which to make edits. This applies to all other types of Symbols as well. Both in 2D and 3D edit modes.

Of course this would be an option that you could turn on and off.

EDIT:

Whoops, I just saw Christiaan's note about the same thing:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=72401&site_id=1#import

Well I guess I second that notion.

Edited by gmm18

Either way, gmm18 that's what i was aiming at, sorry i should have been more specific.

The Organise Menu's Layer options should be available when editing symbols and groups, so that the part of the symbol you are working on is visible and all other components greyed or coloured or differentiated in some way, just as long as they're visible(if you want) . . . . .

It's that word again, isn't it?

Choice!