Ceiling/underside of roof textures

Im doing an interior view of a room and want a glazed roof - however when i give my roof a glazed texture, nothing happens. ive consequently realised that you cant seem to add texture/materials to the underside of roofs and floors. any ideas on how im supposed to give my ceiling either a glazed look or for other rooms, a plain white ceiling? thanks

Roof - ceiling... I say tomato, you say tomato.

As you have realised, neither a Roof nor a Floor can have different textures in their undersides. The "Ceiling Grid" object, in true NNA fashion, has no 3D component at all. So, you need to create the ceiling as a separate Floor.

Fortunately, you can enter the non-glass slab and copy & paste in place the polygon, then create the Glass Ceiling. When changes are made, copy & paste in place again.

It's not as bad as it may sound...

Right, as Petri says, make a copy-in-place of your exisitng roof/ceiling, move it down (or make it thinner AND move it down), then give it it's own texture. For example, I often use a ROOF FACE or sometimes just a simple extrude of 5/8" thick for a drywall/painted/or other CEILING(s). You might also consider creating a new CLASS in which to place these objects so that you have better control over their visibility for different views (eg: you can turn the class off for you roof framing plan, etc.). HTH's

Thanks once again, Peter! I tend to be somewhat obscure... (not only as comes to glazing.)

A "ceiling" may belong to "this floor" or "the floor below", usually the former. The "floor" usually belongs to "this floor".

A "suspended ceiling" belongs to "this floor". Should it be a component of "this floor" or the the slab of "floor above"? (I wish I knew...)

I guess I'm even more obscure than before!

Refer to these as component assemblies... they should be treated with separate distinctions.

A reasonable protocol to follow is to program CAD elements as they are constructed in the 'Real World'.

In the end this produces a satisfyingly 'Real' product which sections & renders more or less realistically.