Strange render effect

Gal

Question

Hello,

I'm getting this weird effect. It's like a miniature version of the surface colours that should appear.

Can anyone help me undo it?

I'm on VW 2019 with these OpenGL settings: 

image.png.cfd5924183130836467e9bce7c1a6afd.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 12.17.18.png

6 answers to this question

It is not clear what you are after.

Please put your OS, graphics card, and version of Vectorworks in the post so we have some context.

And, if you can, share the file.

It looks like you have a Hidden Line viewport, not open GL/Shaded VP.

Maybe the background VP is Shaded and the foreground is Hidden Line?

Maybe you have an Open GL/Shaded viewport on top of a Hidden Line viewport with 2 different scales??

If I had to guess, it looks like your graphics card got confused and a reboot might fix it.

Bart

• Like 1

Lovely drawings Gal!

Maybe we can help.

First here is what I get:

My first guess is that your "old intel Mac" no longer meets the minimum requirements. But that is just a guess.

I noticed 4 lights as part of a symbol. I had to move those to a class and turn that class of to get the shaded rendering to look correct. They were all very dark.

You do have 2 viewport stacked on top of each other. but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

So I am going back to my earlier guess. See if there is an update for your graphics card driver, make sure the graphics card meets the minimum requirements

I think it is OpenGL 2.1 for VW 2019??

image.thumb.png.a80c1dcbcc8c4b0e972173069ea8a7b8.png

1 hour ago, BartHays said:

See if there is an update for your graphics card driver, make sure the graphics card meets the minimum requirements

@Gal - MacOS doesn't allow updates for graphics cards outside of MacOS System updates (unlike Windows). The only way to check this is by using Apple's 'Software Update'. 

Beyond it being an 'old Intel iMac', in order to help diagnose we would need more specific hardware specifications:

How much RAM?

What MacOS version are you running? And is that MacOS version completely up-to-date?

1) Check this System Compatibility list to make sure your MacOS is compatible with Vw2019 (if that is what you are running).

2) Check the System Requirements for Vw2019: Vw 2019 System Requirements

3) Make sure your Vw application is up-to-date with all the Service Packs

• Like 1