Working Plane view does not work correctly

MGuilfoile

Question

Often, I have an object that is sitting at an angle from my screen, usually it is 45 degrees. Consequently, my front and side views are not really useful for looking at it straight on. No problem, right? I just select a plane with the Set Working Plane tool and then select Look At Working Plane. I now have a straight on view of my object. The problem is that if I use my number pad to look right, left, top, or bottom it reverts to the 45 degree angle. What? It should accept the new orientation for every view, but it does not. If this is the default, it should be changed. It is unlikely that anyone would want this outcome. If I'm just missing something simple, I'm happy to change it. If this is the way it is designed to work, it needs to be fixed so that it works as I described. I'm thinking it's probably human error on my part, so I'd be very grateful if someone could let me know where to correct it.

Thanks,

MH Brown

3 answers to this question