Vectorworks AI visualizer?

From the AI Visualizer FAQ, emphasis added:

Anything else I need to know?

This is an image generator only; it cannot generate modelled objects, make changes to a Vectorworks model, or change render settings.

Unlike other images and drawings that you create in Vectorworks, AI-generated images cannot be copyrighted.

Vectorworks collects user data associated with text prompts and images, archives the data for seven days, and then deletes it.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, rDesign said:

From the AI Visualizer FAQ, emphasis added:

Excellent, thank you for the pointer.

FWIW, I think this is a terrible addition to VW as a professional design tool. 

While AI can be fun for inspiration, it is not usable for professional work. 

It's like VW gave us their password for Adobe Stock images. Sure you can download the images but you cant claim any rights to use them in any of your professional projects.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Dave Donley said:

Hello @BartHays US law doesn't allow copyrighting of images produced by AI.

Yes, exactly my point. 

So why integrate a tool into my professional design software that I can't claim copyright to or guarantee is copyright-free?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, BartHays said:

Yes, exactly my point. 

So why integrate a tool into my professional design software that I can't claim copyright to or guarantee is copyright-free?

Because people who can't design will buy the software and think it will make them an architect?

Designers across many industries make mood boards made of stock images, magazine clippings, screen shots, and such as part of their process don't seem to see the use of AI any different.  I doubt being caught in a lawsuit is likely nor will it stop the behavior.

Seems to be the industry trend.

Hype reminiscent of the .COM era with investments in dubious companies flying around everywhere.

• Like 1