Curve

I have created custom windows using a combination of solids but now I am needing to 'curve' the windows around the top of a wall.

I am not sure whether creating the custom windows this way was the best way forward, but I was struggling to achieve the look I required using the 3D windows settings. also attaching the model itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

p.s Relatively new to VW! 

image.thumb.png.b406bd6522fa162225133fc4ae84a147.png

2024-03_D5 Model.vwx

If each of the arched sections is going to be flat, then you can probably use the window tool to make four single windows, angle then as appropriate and make a symbol from them.

If you want the glass to be curved you will need to model the window directly. The window tool does not offer a curved option for windows like this.

Your could model the "windows" as a symbol and then use that as a custom in a different Window object.

If you convert the window you have generated to a Group, you might be able to use the Deform tool to bend it to what you need.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, InchSw3 said:

I have created custom windows using a combination of solids but now I am needing to 'curve' the windows around the top of a wall.

Try using the Deform tool in Bend Solid Mode. You will need to Ungroup your 3D solids + use Add Solids to make a single object from them.

How you model it should reflect how you will build it.  Most "curved" windows in simpler buildings are smaller rectangular units mulled together.

Are you actually having a custom curved window formed whose frame will actually be curved?

If so, @Tom W. 's suggestion of Deform/bend will work.

If not, model it how it will be constructed by taking your individual rectangular units and rotating them in plan view to fit the "curve".  Mirror will be your friend here.

Oh, and you file did not contain the problem window or wall.