Door hardware is reversed

Does anyone know why my door hardware is reversed in 3D? The deadbolt keyed entry is on the inside while the thumb lever is on the outside. It seems like my door is oriented correctly in plan. Swing direction is "in" and the blue indicator is showing which direction is inside of my room. This is the case for all of my doors, not just this one.

-eric

plan.thumb.jpg.fdc35fc1d848bbccfd550056a8cf44d0.jpg

inside.thumb.jpg.f474740b066d72486d13f7de8868e4c4.jpgoutside.thumb.jpg.ab50d436995bc9e751caf10330d823f1.jpg

• Like 1

I have checked + am seeing the same thing. I've not really started using VW2024 in earnest yet due to other issues so hadn't come across this. To correct it the 3D geometry for the hardware symbols needs to be flipped on the Y axis. Perhaps @Matt Panzer can comment. I guess it is related to the overhaul of Door handing in VW2024 but I am surprised that the stock VW symbols weren't modified for users accordingly...? I use my own hardware symbols + only have a couple which are different inside/outside so easy enough to do... But be good to hear from Matt first...

I just checked the Forum as I vaguely remembered hearing about the hardware reversal issue previously. See:

The issue is mentioned in a thread about other things but in my quick scan doesn't seem to be addressed...

@Matt Panzer: should I edit my hardware symbols + flip the geometry or is this being resolved some other way at your end? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

@Eric Nickerson, @Tom W.,

As Tom assumed, this is a bug (VB-197852) related to the door and window handing.  I do not see a fix for it yet but I'll try to get this addressed as soon as possible.

Ok so if I edit my hardware symbols now to get them the right way around, I should be prepared to edit them back again later when the bug is fixed? 😀

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
48 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Ok so if I edit my hardware symbols now to get them the right way around, I should be prepared to edit them back again later when the bug is fixed? 😀

Right.  Not an ideal solution.  However, if you save the originals with the same names in another file, you can import them back in (replacing the modified ones) after it's fixed.

16 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

Right.  Not an ideal solution.

It’s not a problem. It will only affect a couple of symbols. I just need to remember not to be surprised when they suddenly flip again in a couple of months 🤣

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 hours ago, Tom W. said:

I just need to remember not to be surprised when they suddenly flip again in a couple of months 🤣

Right.  That’s the “not ideal” part. 😉

• 1 month later...