Project Data Not updating in the title block

Luxedavid

Question

I've got job titles displayed in my title block from a previous document that I have updated in the project data but will not update in the title block. Everything displays correctly in the project data edit window, but those job titles will not update in the actual title block. What step am I missing?

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.30.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.31.21 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.32.04 AM.png

11 answers to this question

Thanks for the responses. I realized my close up screen shots may not have been helpful. Unfortunately the offered advise still doesn't get down to the issue I'm at. I'm not having a problem changing information within a field. I can't get the field name to change in the project data window. I've attached a short screen recording showing the job titles (technical director, audio tech, lighting tech, etc.) that start in my title block. I then open the title block manager to show I have actually renamed those fields. I even changed the name of the video position in the screen recording and show that while the title block manager sees the change, that change is not pushed out to the actual title block. 

Edited by Luxedavid

You need to edit the Title Block Layout. The 'Video Tech' text in the Title Block Layout is just static text: it isn't linked to anything. You need to change it manually to whatever you want it to display e.g. 'Video Director'. In the 'Manage Project Data' dialog you are editing the linked text i.e. the data field that displays after the static text.

So go to the 'Title Block' tab + click on the 'Edit Title Block Layout' button.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
12 hours ago, Luxedavid said:

That button is grayed out.. I checked other forums on here to see what the fix was but did not get any results.

8 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

I think the Edit Title Block Layout is greyed beause it is set by the Style.

Click and hold on the Style popdown and one of the options should be to Edit Style. From there you should be able to Edit TB Layout and check that the placeholder text is linked to the TB Project fields.

- Or double click on the TBB and then select to enter layout and it will get you into the style's layout directly, where you can make your changes.

OK, the only way I have found to fix what I'm working on is to change the style to "convert to unstyled", from there I can click  Edit Title Block Layout button and change the text box fields containing job titles. Unfortunately all the other above suggestions just bring me back to the same place of bringing up the title block manager where I can change the names of people listed after the job title, but not the job title itself. I now have to figure out how to edit and save these fields within my saved title block for future use so I'm not doing this every time.         

2 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- Or double click on the TBB and then select to enter layout and it will get you into the style's layout directly, where you can make your changes.

11 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

I think the Edit Title Block Layout is greyed beause it is set by the Style.

Click and hold on the Style popdown and one of the options should be to Edit Style. From there you should be able to Edit TB Layout and check that the placeholder text is linked to the TB Project fields.

Figured it out. All I needed to do was double click on the TB and a small popup appears giving me the option to enter the title block layout editor or title block manager. Clicked layout and that was is. The other methods kept brining me back to the title block manager where you can't edit those fields it seems. 

11 minutes ago, Luxedavid said:

Figured it out. All I needed to do was double click on the TB and a small popup appears giving me the option to enter the title block layout editor or title block manage

This was one of the suggestions made earlier 🙂

• Like 1