Unistrut

I've never found Unistrut Profiles, 

If I used them more I would create the various 2D profiles as symbols with the "insert as group" box checked and use those for extrudes, 

Or, create a one-foot extrusion for each profile and save that VW file into my Favorites folder. Easy to copy/Paste and adjust extrusion length as needed. 

I usually get away with a rounded rectangle extruded for the level of detail that we need

Bart

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BartHays said:

Or, create a one-foot extrusion for each profile and save that VW file into my Favorites folder.

I quite often save things like this as a 1m long symbol which I can then scale asymmetrically in the drawing so it's like a very basic PIO. If it is never being rotated vertically you can make it a hybrid symbol with a Top/Plan component (+ Front/Left components as well if needed) + these will scale too.

• Like 2

Stupid workaround (tip o’ the hat to islandmon). 

Model a base unit symbol containing a short length of profile extrude pierced by a single slot. For any specific length, DAP or MBP. Add Solids.  One or both ends may need ungroup and Split to create a fraction of the base unit.

Or just dupe enough to create a full “stick”, convert that to Generic Solid. Save to resource library as converts-to-group symbol. Split as needed after insertion. 

-B

• Like 1