Resize handles are not showing

Question

6 answers to this question

On 1/12/2024 at 4:32 PM, rozeman architects said:

Resize handles are not showing when moving mouse to a shape corner, but I can resize, this problem is related to the Mac at my work as the problem does not happen on my home Mac.  In a same way the magnifying glass does not display properly but I can zoom.  Is this a corrupted application or something else?

I'm seeing this problem too in an intermittent basis.

If you are on an Intel Mac, there is a setting in System Preferences:Display named something like Automatic Graphics Switching. Make sure this is off so that VW is using the maximum graphics capability of the machine.

Other standard trouble shooting steps are:

1.  Run the Vectorworks Updates (in the Vectorworks folder in Applications folder). Click on the Advanced button on the right center and then choose Repair. Let this run and see if it solves the problem.

2. In System Preferences click the Reset button at the bottom left.  This will clear everthing in your preferences except your serial number, so you will have to set things back to how you like them. Restart VW and see the problem is fixed.

3. Make sure you are not running any "helper" apps that might be interfering with VW.  One way to check is to boot into "Safe Mode".  On a Mac, "Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar." Check and see if the problem is gone. If not, then quit VW and restart in normal mode. If the problem is solved then check and see what apps are started a boot time that could be causing problems and turn them off.

4. In System Preferences:User Folder pane click the Reveal in Finder button to see you user folder in the Finder.  Go back to VW and quit.  Rename your user folder. Restart VW.  It will create a new User folder for you.  Check if the problem is solved.  If it is not, quit VW, delete the new user folder, and change the name back on the original folder.  If the problem is solves then you have to decide what information you need to copy from the original user folder to the new one.

5. Uninstall and reinstall VW.