Subtracting Object Disappears when the Subtraction is Ungrouped?

Bruce Kieffer

Question

6 answers to this question

I can't reproduce it now since I fixed the problems and moved on. But what you are saying makes me wonder if when I made those subtractions originally I may have used a symbol that got replaced at a later time. My files use similar resources, and sometimes I pick a resource from another open file. I've been trying to be more careful about that.

• Like 1

@Bruce Kieffer

FYI

I have taken to using Solid Subtractions more and more as one is able to edit a solid subtraction and retain / edit the fundamental 3D Shape (Extrude for example) - Additional Subtracting items, added to the Solid Subtraction, is easy task vs recreation. That said, I have experienced on (too..) many occasions your dillemma - I have learned to close and not save or undo / undo / undo and get back to where I started. As I have not directly documented this issue, my only clues were Unified View Being Off vs On. 

See attached - Two Extrusions Top and Bottom... and a few Subtractions from the bottom

Peter

Fake it Solid Subtraction.pdf